What are Cookies and how do we use them?
This website and its operators are committed to providing the best user experience, and to do this, we collect data upon how you use and find the website. Cookies are installed by the website to your computer. These cookies do not collect or hold any personal data and the information gleaned is anonymous.
The cookies used on this site don’t track anything else about you. We are completely committed to protecting your privacy and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We will not email you in the future unless you have given us your consent, and we will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us, and if you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) – and this is very unlikely indeed – we will always obtain your consent first. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, cancellations or any of the issues raised here, you should email our book sales team. If you have any questions about the security of our online purchasing system please e-mail us.
How do I block Cookies running on this site?
If you would like to block the cookies that are used by our website, or other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
This handy website www.aboutcookies.org contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about them. To find out how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please note however, that disabling cookies on this site may prevent the site working as it was intended.
Which Cookies are used on this website, and what do they do?
Here is a list of all the cookies we place onto your machine. They are all “session” cookies and will be removed when you quit your browser.
- items_in_cart – This is used by our cart system. We need to store information about your order throughout the order process. Again, this cookie, and its data, will be deleted when you close your web browser.
- logged_in – This is used by our user account system. Again, this cookie, and its data, will be deleted when you close your web browser.
- PHPSESSID – This is used by our cart system. We need to store information about your order throughout the order process. Again, this cookie, and its data, will be deleted when you close your web browser.
Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website. Our main aim is to find out which parts of our website are working and which are not proving to be useful to our visitors. We use this information to make changes to our website and to decide on which features to improve.
- Cookies used by Google Analytics include: _utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz for example.
A list of all the cookies used by Google and what they’re used for: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies